Watch our short videos find out a bit more about working at Perrywood.
Front of House
Coffee Shop Assistant (Part-time)
Join our busy coffee shop team who served more than 80,000 scones last year! We are looking for someone cheerful who can use their initiative, work as part of a team and put a smile on our customer’s faces. Each team member undertakes a variety of roles according to daily needs, covering the whole of the restaurant floor from waitressing, clearing customer tables and our back of house dish wash area. No evening hours. Time and a half pay at weekends.
Deadline for applications: 29th SeptemberFull Job Description | Apply Now
Santa (Temporary Contract)
We are looking for someone that adores Christmas and loves working with children. We have built up an excellent reputation for having one of the best grottos in Essex. Our team builds a beautiful grotto which the children (and adults) really enjoy, we are looking for a Santa who will enhance their experience.
Deadline for applications: 6th October
If you are interested in applying, please contact Rosalind at SVC recruitment agency, email email@example.com tel. 01206262117. For this job only, please do not apply directly to Perrywood.Full Job Description
Please email us your CV and a short covering letter detailing the position you are applying for and why you feel you’re appropriate for the role, outlining any relevant experience. Please be very clear about which position you would like to apply for.
Alternatively you can post your CV and letter to:
Personnel department, Perrywood Garden Centre & Nurseries, Kelvedon Road, Inworth, Tiptree, Essex, CO5 9SX
We will respond to successful applications within 2 weeks of the closing deadline. We apologise but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful. I’m afraid we are unable to answer queries about individual applications by phone or email. Recent previous applicants need not apply.
We are always interested in hearing from candidates with proven horticultural or retailing experience. Even if a relevant vacancy is not listed please send your CV in if you think you have experience we would be interested in.
If you are interested in working at Perrywood please keep an eye out for new vacancies on this page, or sign up to our newsletter.
- Some of the Coffee Shop Front of House team
- Coffee Shop Chefs
- Retail Sales Assistant
- Garden Centre Assistant
- Perrywood Coffee Shop
- Outdoor Plant area
- Home-cooked food made using the freshest ingredients
- Our Rising Stars 2017
- Hats for Headway 2016
- One of our knowledgeable plant area team
- Marie Curie staff talk
- The Greatest Garden Centre Baking Team Bronze Award 2017
- The Greatest Pot Wash Team Gold Award 2017
Working at Perrywood
We are a family owned and run business and our owners Alan & Karin celebrated 30 years at Perrywood in 2014. We offer some really good benefits and have been recognised for the work we do, nationally, regionally and within the garden centre industry.
- Top large garden centre in Essex – Garden Centre Association Regional Awards (and 2nd overall in North Thames region)
- Family Business of the Year Awards – Winner in Homes & Gardens category and Winner of People’s Choice Award in East & East Anglia Region (as voted for by our customers!)
- 2nd place in Garden Centre Association Christmas awards, 2015
- Best Catering Facilities, Best Plant Area and Sales Team of the Year – Garden Retail Awards 2015
- Greatest Afternoon Tea Experience Award 2015
- Regional winners of The Sun Newspaper’s 2014 Britain’s Best Plant Retailer Award
- Sixth position in the Garden Centre Association’s top 100 British garden centres league table for second year running (January 2016)
- Named a ‘Garden Centre of Excellence’, an accolade given to only ten garden centres across Britain
- Second place overall in catering excellence for destination garden centres (those with turnover of more than £5m)
- Employee Kirsty Clark was voted the UK’s best young garden centre employee in the GCA’s Rising Stars competition sponsored by Westland (2015)
In recent years we have also won, or been shortlisted, for awards in catering, customer service, food & drink, gifts retailing and more!
We are located in Inworth, a village between Tiptree and Kelvedon. We are 5 minutes from the A12 and easily accessible by car from much of Essex including Chelmsford, Colchester, Maldon, Mersea Island, Coggeshall and further afield. There is also a bus service which stops at our entrance but it is not a regular service.
We currently employ more than 130 staff, and many of them have been with us for several years. One in nine have been with Perrywood for ten years or more, a quarter have been with us five years or more and 40% have been employed by Perrywood for three years or more (Figures correct in April 2016).