At this time of year a garden can really be cheered up with some winter shrubs and perennials. Here is a round up of some of our favourites:
- The Hamamelis (pictured) is a firm favourite of ours. Its yellow, orange or red flowers sit on bare stems and are very fragrant.
- Another sweet smelling plant with glossy green foliage is the Sarcocca. A lovely structural plant which wafts its scent across the garden.
- Hellebores are fantastic value, with year round foliage or flower interest. We currently have in-store a beautiful variety with double white flowers – Betty Rancier – and Penny’s Pink with exquisite dark pink flowers.
- We now have potted snowdrops on sale in-store – one of the first spring bulbs to peek out from the frosty ground. Many more will follow in the next month or so including daffodils and narcissus, iris and tulips. Perfect for popping into gaps in your beds and borders, or for planting in pots.
- Skimmias and Pyracantha are two of our favourite shrubs which feature winter berries. They are stunning in beds & borders and skimmias also grow well in pots alongside pansies and ivy for a seasonal show.
If this selection has whet your appetite visit us in-store to view our full selection of winter interest shrubs and perennials!