Watch our short video to meet Nikki and to find out a bit more about working at Perrywood.
Front of House
Trainee Plant Area Assistant
We’re looking for a motivated individual who is creative with an excellent eye for shape and colour. You will be given extensive in-house training on how to plant up and merchandise our indoor and outdoor planted containers. If you have more experience please apply as we would be open to hiring into a more senior position.
Please do not apply directly to Perrywood for this role. Please send applications to Rosalind Dorning at SVC (our recruitment agency) – email RDorning@svcgroup.co.uk or telephone 01206 262117.
Deadline for applications: Friday 24th AugustFull Job Description
Shop Floor Assistant (Full time)
This is an entry level position with excellent career prospects within our busy garden centre. You will be working in our retail areas; moving trolleys, assisting with customer queries, moving stock. We are looking for motivated individuals who are looking for a career in the garden centre industry and/or within a thriving family business.
Deadline for applications: Friday 24th AugustFull Job Description | Apply Now
Weekend Kitchen Porter
We are looking for a kitchen porter to join our award winning catering team. Our Coffee Shop seats 260 and is often full, meaning our kitchen porters play a vital role in the success of our business. We are a very busy restaurant, with the right candidate needing drive, enthusiasm, motivation and be able to perform well under pressure.
Deadline for applications: Friday 17th AugustFull Job Description | Apply Now
Please email us your CV and a short covering letter detailing the position you are applying for and why you feel you’re appropriate for the role, outlining any relevant experience. Please be very clear about which position you would like to apply for.
Alternatively you can post your CV and letter to:
Personnel department, Perrywood Garden Centre & Nurseries, Kelvedon Road, Inworth, Tiptree, Essex, CO5 9SX
We will respond to successful applications within 2 weeks of the closing deadline. We apologise but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful. I’m afraid we are unable to answer queries about individual applications by phone or email. Recent previous applicants need not apply.
We are always interested in hearing from candidates with proven horticultural or retailing experience. Even if a relevant vacancy is not listed please send your CV in if you think you have experience we would be interested in.
If you are interested in working at Perrywood please keep an eye out for new vacancies on this page, or sign up to our newsletter.
- Some of the Coffee Shop Front of House team
- Coffee Shop Chefs
- Retail Sales Assistant
- Garden Centre Assistant
- Perrywood Coffee Shop
- Outdoor Plant area
- Home-cooked food made using the freshest ingredients
- Our Rising Stars 2017
- One of our knowledgeable plant area team
- Marie Curie staff talk
- The Greatest Garden Centre Baking Team Bronze Award 2017
- The Greatest Pot Wash Team Gold Award 2017
Working at Perrywood
We are a family owned by Alan and Karin, they have run the business for over 30 years. We offer some really good benefits and have been recognised for the work we do, nationally, regionally and within the garden centre industry.
- Garden Centre of Excellence – 4th in the Garden Centre Association (GCA) league table of ‘top 100 garden centres in the UK’
- Best Destination Garden Centre in the North Thames Region – Garden Centre Association Regional Awards 2017
- Gold award for The Greatest Garden Centre Team and The Greatest Merchandising Team – Garden Trade News Greatest Awards 2017
- Gold Award for The Greatest Plant Retailing Team – Garden Trade News Greatest Awards 2017
- The Barton Grange Trophy for Innovation and Creativity and Best Indoor Lifestyle Retailer – Garden Centre Association Regional Awards 2017
- Bronze Award for The Greatest Garden Centre Baking Team and Gold Award for The Greatest Pot Wash Team – Garden Trade News, Greatest Catering Awards 2017
- Best Destination Garden Centre in the Region for Christmas – Garden Centre Association Regional Christmas Awards, 2017
- Greatest Afternoon Tea Experience Award 2015
- Eleventh position in the Garden Centre Association’s top 100 British garden centres league table for second year running January 2017
In recent years we have also won, or been shortlisted, for other awards in catering, customer service, food & drink, gifts retailing and more!
We are located in Inworth, a village between Tiptree and Kelvedon. We are 5 minutes from the A12 and easily accessible by car from much of Essex including Chelmsford, Colchester, Maldon, Mersea Island, Coggeshall and further afield. There is also a bus service which stops at our entrance but it is not a regular service.
We currently employ more than 160 staff, and many of them have been with us for several years. One in sixteen have been with Perrywood for ten years or more, a fifth have been with us five years or more and 35% have been employed by Perrywood for three years or more (Figures correct in November 2017).