This Year's Charities
The team at Perrywood Tiptree have chosen these fantastic charities to support, and raise funds for, in 2020:
Colchester & Ipswich Hospitals Charity, Colchester & Ipswich Hospitals Charity raise money to improve facilities, fund new equipment, provide additional services, support staff development and initiate local medical research and innovative projects at The East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust.
The charity do not replace NHS money; through generous donations they are able to add extra value and support pioneering and innovative work for the benefit of those that need it. It is these extras – some small, some large – above and beyond the scope of the NHS budget, that really make a difference.
Kids Inspire, Kids Inspire helps disadvantaged young people turn their lives around and give them back their future.
They support young people across Essex who are at an educational, social and/or economic disadvantage resulting from trauma or emerging mental health issues. For example they may have experienced sexual or domestic abuse, separation anxiety or significant loss.
Their goal is to ensure no child is left without the love, support and healing they need to live full and happy lives.
Greenfingers Charity, is a small national charity dedicated to supporting the children who use hospices around the UK, along with their families, by creating inspiring gardens for them to relax in and enjoy.
We receive hundreds of requests for raffle prizes each year. If you would like to request a raffle prize please fill in this form and submit it online.
Supporting our local community
In addition to supporting our three chosen charities through numerous fundraising initiatives, we like to support our local communities, schools and regional charities in any way we can. Here are just a few examples:
- For many years we have donated plants to community groups who raise money for charity through plant sales
- We regularly donate Perrywood gift vouchers as raffle prizes for charitable events
- We give schools packets of seeds, plants, tools, kitchen utensils and help them develop their outdoor spaces
- We like to attend career fairs to help encourage young people into horticulture, catering or retail, and raise awareness of career opportunities at Perrywood
- You will find charity collection tins on all our tills in-store and we always support the Poppy Appeal
- Our team enjoy giving a behind the scenes guided tour of our nursery production area to local clubs (gardening, horticultural societies, WI, U3A, etc), and local school children and we will happily visit local associations to deliver a talk on the ‘History of Perrywood’
If your club or association is interested in the talks or tours please email email@example.com with your request. Please include a phone number, possible dates and some information about your club.