Last night the team attended the regional Garden Centre Association (GCA) Awards. Awards are given out to members in the North Thames region, which covers East Anglia, London and across to Oxfordshire. All GCA Garden Centres are audited annually and the awards are given out on the basis of these scores.
This year we are delighted to retain the ‘Best Destination Garden Centre in Essex’ title (destination garden centres have a turnover exceeding £4.5m), and we were again 2nd overall in the region. The winners were Burston Garden Centre in Herts. In addition:
- Named as Highly Commended Centre, by scoring more than 75% in the audit
- Came 2nd in Indoor Lifestyle category
- Came 2nd for Creativity and Innovation
- Made it through to the finals of the Ruxley Rose Plant Area Award. Ten large and ten small garden centres in the UK make it through to the finals
- Gained ‘Awards of Merit’ for numerous departments, including Plant Areas, Indoor and Outdoor Lifestyle, Catering and more.
Update from January 2017 – we were announced as being number 11 in the Garden Centre Association top 100 list of UK garden centres, a fantastic achievement!!!
The team works extremely hard every year to improve standards and we are extremely proud of our successes. We are driven by a desire to provide our customers with fantastic plants, products and food and excellent customer service. To be highly commended by our trade body, and once again be the top centre in Essex is the cherry on the cake!