This Year's Charities
We have chosen these fantastic charities to support, and raise funds for, in 2017:
Mid and North Essex Mind, are a local, independent charity connected to the national charity Mind. They believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. Whether stressed, depressed or in crisis, they’ll listen, give support and advice and fight your corner. And they’ll push for a better deal and respect for everyone experiencing a mental health problem. Mid and North Essex Mind work with children from the age of 5 and adults of all ages.
There are 140 local Minds across England and Wales. They all have to raise their own money to run their services. Mid and North Essex Mind work from Chelmsford to Clacton, from Braintree to Colchester – they cover all of mid and north east Essex.
Marie Curie, provide care and support for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. They’ve been carrying out this vital work for over 65 years – last year alone they cared for over 40,000 people across the UK.
Marie Curie nurses work night and day, in people's homes across the UK, providing hands-on care and vital emotional support. If you're living with a terminal illness, they can help you stay surrounded by people you care about most, in the place where you're most comfortable.
Greenfingers, is a small national charity dedicated to supporting the children who use hospices around the UK, along with their families, by creating inspiring gardens for them to relax in and enjoy. We will be taking part in Greenfingers Garden Re-leaf Day on Friday 17th March.
- Sponsors of Headway Essex Colour 5K Run
- Raising money on Hats for Headway Day
- Raising money for St Helena Hospice's £50 Challenge
- Award presentation for St Helena Hospice's £50 Challenge
- Baynards Primary School visit
- Sponsors of The Fuchsia Society School's Competition
- Raising money for St Helena Hospice
- Team 'Glovies' competition for the Greenfingers charity
- Raised beds for Great Totham School
- Donating bulbs to the Kelvedon Scouts
- Plant donations for charity events
- Sponsors of Tiptree Perrywood FC
- Alan raising money on Garden Re-Leaf Day
We receive hundreds of requests for raffle prizes each year. If you would like to request a raffle prize please fill in this form and submit it online.
Supporting our local community
In addition to supporting our three chosen charities through numerous fundraising initiatives, we like to support our local communities, schools and regional charities in any way we can. Here are just a few examples:
- For many years we have donated plants to community groups who raise money for charity through plant sales
- We regularly donate Perrywood gift vouchers as raffle prizes for charitable events
- We give schools packets of seeds, plants, tools, kitchen utensils and help them develop their outdoor spaces
- We like to attend career fairs to help encourage young people into horticulture, catering or retail, and raise awareness of career opportunities at Perrywood
- You will find charity collection tins on all our tills in-store and we always support the Poppy Appeal
- Our team enjoy giving a behind the scenes guided tour of our nursery production area to local clubs (gardening, horticultural societies, WI, U3A, etc), and local school children and we will happily visit local associations to deliver a talk on the ‘History of Perrywood’
If your club or association is interested in the talks or tours please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Please include a phone number, possible dates and some information about your club.